Frequently asked questions
Q. What type of paper do you use? Will the prints last a long time?
A. My photographs are professionally printed using archival inks on premium museum-grade fine art paper. A high quality luster finish enhances the vibrancy of the print and further protects from UV exposure. Prints are guaranteed to last 100 years.
Q. Are prints matted or framed?
- A. No, prints are not matted or framed.
Q. What is the largest size print I can order?
- A. The largest size print I offer is 30 x 40 inches.
Q. Can I order a custom size?
- A. Yes, I can usually accomodate any custom sizing needs. Please submit your request using the Contact Form. Note that custom sizing often requires cropping of the image. If a particular print will not work for the size you need I will let you know. CUSTOM ORDERS CANNOT BE RETURNED OR EXCHANGED.
Q. Do you offer your prints as digital downloads?
- A. No, I do not offer any of my photographs in a digital format. They are available as hard copy prints only.
Q. Are prints packaged securely for shipping?
- A. Yes, every measure is taken to ensure your prints arrive to you in perfect condition. Prints 11 x 14 and smaller are placed inside a cello sleeve secured between two firm foamcore boards and shipped using a rigid cardboard mailer to prevent any bending whatsoever. Prints 12 x 18 and larger are rolled and shipped inside a heavy-duty 3-inch wide cardboard mailing tube. To view more detailed shipping information please see the Shipping & Returns page.
Q. Do you offer canvas prints?
- A. Yes, all of my photographs are available as Canvas Gallery Wraps. A sleek, sophisticated alternative to framing photographic prints, gallery wraps are museum quality art pieces created by a specialty photo lab.
- Gallery wraps are printed on premium cotton matte canvas, which is then wrapped around a wood stretcher frame 1.5" deep
- Archival quality inks and canvas are guaranteed for 100 years
- A black backing increases the durability of the canvas and provides a polished, sleek look
- Image is blurred on the sides so none of the image is lost on the front
- Ready to hang out of the box! Gallery wraps 20 x 24 and smaller include a pre-installed saw tooth hanger; gallery wraps 20 x 30 and larger include a pre-installed wire hanger
- Due to the high cost of production, CANVAS GALLERY WRAPS CANNOT BE RETURNED OR EXCHANGED
Q. How do I clean my gallery wrap?
- A. To care for your gallery wrap simply use a soft cloth or feather duster. Do NOT use chemicals, cleaners, or abrasive cloths.
Q. Why are gallery wraps shipped to me from your photo lab rather than your studio?
- A. My photo lab packages gallery wraps with meticulous care. Shipping the gallery wrap directly from my lab reduces transit time, allowing me to keep shipping costs low and ensuring that the canvas arrives to you in the safest and fastest way possible.
Q. Will the print look the same in person as it does on my computer screen?
A. Every computer monitor displays color a bit differently. I have my studio monitor professionally calibrated to ensure optimal results, however please realize that the colors you see on your own computer might vary slightly from the prints you receive.
Q. I'm interested in ordering a large print but hesitant without physically seeing the print in person. What can I do?
A. If you are thinking about purchasing one of my prints, but want to be certain that the colors will look perfect in your space before investing in a large size, I recommend ordering a SAMPLE PRINT. A sample print is a 4 x 5 inch version of any print, so you can assess if the colors will work for you on a larger scale. A sample print is $8 (plus $3.95 shipping), and if you decide to order the same print at a larger size I will subtract the $8 from the price of the full order. To request a sample print simply submit a request using the Contact Form.
Q. Do you sell wholesale?
A. Yes, please review my Wholesale Opportunities for details.